Just like your engine, you should have your transmission serviced regularly.
Replacing the old transmission fluid with new, can give your vehicle’s transmission new life. By decreasing friction and heat, your transmission will work better for a longer amount of time. Call or visit Shaffer’s Auto Body today for a simple service that can save you the money and time that come with a major transmission repair or replacement.
Using the latest in state-of-the-art technology, we install a safe and effective cleaner to suspend harmful varnish and sludge from the transmission valve body, torque converter and lines, and we install new high-tech fluid with conditioners.
When Shaffer’s Auto Body services your transmission, our experts will:
- Remove and inspect the pan
- Clean or replace the screen
- Clean the pan
- Reinstall the pan
- Install a new gasket
- Replace old transmission fluid with new, high quality fluid
- Make any additional needed changes and adjustments
Flushing old fluid:
- gets rid of small bits of clutch material and metal shavings, which can damage your transmission by clogging passages and wedging themselves between moving parts
- reduces wear within the transmission
- restores your clutch’s holding power
- reduces slip and heat production
- provides better lubrication within the transmission
- boosts the holding ability of the transmission’s friction components. Improved lubrication also results in less heat.